Paint the feeling
The cold wind blew on my face as I reached out and grabbed my new best friend hand. Grace. I love Grace as a best friend. She’s kind, smart, loving and laughable. She’s everything I’ve ever wanted especially on the first day of school. As we walked up to my house I grabbed the handle of my door when mom did first. I let here open the door and come out onto the steps.
“Um, hi mom I could have opened the door myself couldn’t I?” I exclaimed.
“Yes there’s just something I have to tell you honey oh who’s this Ella,” asked mom.
“This is grace my new best friend,” I answered.
“Oh well then,” she said disappointed.
Then I noticed her tears slipping out.
“Mom are you ok?” I asked with wonder.
“Yes just so glad you found a best friend,” she answered.
“Well thank you mom!” I exclaimed so glad.
“Ok Grace let’s take you home.” I sighed.
Later that even, I was watching my mom do everything. How she talked how she walked and how she listened to me. She seemed so different like she was depressed. But I knew it wasn’t anything big just sad.
The next day was Saturday mom made me do chores and chores and chores. It seemed like she wanted everything to be clean. I’m not sure why she just did!
“Is there anything you want to do today honey, Maybe shopping, or out to eat?”
“Sure I’ll take maybe subway,” I answered.
“Ok that is fine with me,” mom said mysteriously.
Finally we go there and I was looking at the subway menu when I saw little droplets in her eyes.
“Mom why do you keep on crying?” I asked in a steady voice.
“Will talk about it after you order,” she answered in a scared way.
I ordered the fastest I could so that she would tell me. Something about me is I hate to wait I can’t ever be patient even if I try. Me and my mom sat down at a table.
“Mom tell me,” I yelped.
“We’re moving to Canada, “mom said hoping I wouldn’t scream.
“What!” I said as I sprayed my lemonade out of my mouth.
“You’re crazy this is the worst day ever!” I yelled in a strong voice.
“Let me explain dad got fired!”
“I don’t care about jobs all I care about is friends! I just made a best friend in this stinking world and now we have to move!” I yelled in disappointment.
“Honey settle down,” mom said calmly.
“No I’m not going to settle down I’m leaving.”
I strolled away without saying a word again. I was crying but there was nothing I could do about it!
The next day I was so mad I didn’t eat anything for breakfast all I could think about was me and my best friend and Canada. It was so hard to go to class today because I was again mad mad mad!
“Hi!” grace said.
“Hi” I answered in a sad voice.
“What’s wrong?”
“I’m moving.” I answered.
“What where?” she yelled.
“Canada”
Tears dripped down our faces as we grabbed each other hands.
“We can still be friends,” she replied.
“No we live in Arizona Canada is across the whole map” I said.
“Oh”
“We have to go to art class today.”I said.
“Common” she replied.
“Okay class today you can free paint that means do anything you want to do.” The art teacher explained.
I grabbed a big sheet and started to paint random black brown and gray spots.
Soon it was more dark and more dark and soon the whole painted art was black.
After every one was out of the art room the art teacher strolled down ward to me.
“Is there something wrong today.” She asked.
“I’m moving.” I answered.
“Oh so your mad,” she said.
“Yes”
“You know paint your life.”
“What do you mean paint your life?”
“Paint what you want the scenery of your life to be like or something like your new house. And paint what your feelings are so you can get thru it.”
I took that advice and walked away feeling a little better but without my best friend. Paint the feeling.
After school I found myself painting I was painting my house it was going to be huge and fun. But I would also have to paint money so it would come true. I wanted my bedroom to be huge to with a TV and couches and fun things then I heard my mom walking into my room.
“What do you want.” I asked.
“Can I start putting your stuff into boxes?” questioned mom.
“Sure” I said in a plain voice.
“What are you painting?”
“Nothing,” I answered.
Mom started putting clothes away when I realized I was moving in 2 days. And I was feeling better but I had to get to work on my backyard and the things I dreamed of. I painted my backyard as a river with streaming across the yard with trees surrounding every part of my house except a path that led up to a bridge that went across the river. Then I added on to the trail that led into a tree house that was mine.
Days went by and then I was standing on the blank floor with all the things in the moving truck and just a few mattresses for the night to sleep on.
“Mom I can’t go to sleep!”
“Just think about the house think about what you might want the house to look like”
And I guess that worked because I was sound asleep still feeling worried what it would be like and if my art teacher was right if she was I would come back to give her a hug.
“Wake up honey!” mom exclaimed.
“Fine” I finally said as I got up and sat on my plain mattress and looked around at my plain house.
Then before I knew it I was driving to Canada.
“Mom are we there?” I asked.
Then she pulled into a big beautiful driveway with a humongous house and a river with a bridge.
“Mom this is beautiful!” I exclaimed.
I hopped out of the car and ran into the house I ran against the big wooden floors with 2 spiral stairs. Then I found my bedroom. It was exactly what I imagined and drew.
“How do you like it honey?” mom exclaimed.
“I love it!” I answered.
“I’m glad you do!”
“Mom I’m sorry.” I said as I gave my mom a hug.
“I understand you just made a best friend and I understand that you’re mad about that!”
“Its fine I like it here it’s exactly what I wanted.”
Then I looked out my window I saw a grey minivan that looked a lot like graces. I ran down the stairs out my door and across the street. Then I saw her.
“Grace what are you doing here?”
“I guess I moved with you.” She exclaimed.
“Like a miracle!”
Oh I forgot I painted Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment