Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Found It!

      I Found It!
 By: Lindsey Buchanan
 “No mom I don’t like that leotard,” I explained with a stern voice. I was picking out a leotard that would be perfect and purple. It went on and on the same no over and over. Then I saw a crack of shiny purple. I pulled it out felt the smooth and bumpy fabric there was nothing to say about it, that was the one!
            Stumbling down the stairs I heard my mom saying, “It’s time to go!” I hurried out the door with a pair of gymnastics shoes and water bottle in my hands. I was so excited and I knew this was going to be awesome.
            I stepped inside the blue clean and wondrous building. There was a room for check in, play place, watching room, and dance and there I saw it the gymnastics room full of bars, the precious pure floor, the supplies and all sorts of things! I was so excited for my first gymnastics!
             An hour later I stepped out of the gymnastics room and exclaimed,
“Mom that was so fun I felt the best in the class!” I exclaimed as I caught my breath.
“Wow honey you must have had fun I love gymnastics too! You know I once wrote, never mind,” mom answered.
“What?”  I replied.
On the way home I was anxious why did my mom say never mind? Why won’t she tell me something I want to know?
Heading in the house was dreading I didn’t know what to do. I’m the kind of girl who gets curious when I get tin to something I get in! I took a strong deep breath and headed up the stairs to take a shower.
20 minutes later my mom tucked me in bed and said, “Good night sweetie I’ll see you in the morning!”
“Good night mom,” I replied back.
I was stunned this was not normal we would usually talk at night before I went to bed. Determined what to do I hear whispers in my mom and dad’s room they were saying “I didn’t want her to feel discouraged to do things in gymnastics I don’t want her to find the notebook in the box in the basement.
Oh no you didn’t mom I thought in my head as I raced down the two flight of stairs, I digged through a old box labeled notebooks and found it, the book I paged through found the note, “ Never do a back bend I broke my arm!”
My alarm went off on a Saturday morning it was the song “off the chain” I loved that song. I got out of bed and flipped through notes I saw, “you can do it you can make it to the champion ship!” now feeling better I headed down stairs got some breakfast and left with my mom to gymnastics.
I headed inside to my coach and said, “Hey!”
“Hi,” she exclaimed back!
“Okay today were going to work on back bend kick over’s, now I know it looks hard but it’s not, you will simply do a back bend and kick as hard as you can like this.”
Holding back my fear I tried it, dreddingly I  took my legs tried to kick I couldn’t instead I heard a something crack tumbling down on my arm I screamed and cried my coach immediately called through the whole gym and said, “ Katie’s mom please come to the gymnastics room right away!”
Screaming crying my mom slammed the clean smooth door, now smeared and rushed over to me!
“Honey are you okay!?”
            “No!” I said still crying.
 “I was watching her until it happened to fact for my arms to catch her!” exclaimed coach feeling guilty.
“Well I better take her to the doctor I hope she didn’t break it,” Replied mom.
“Good luck!”
As my mom hauled me out on her shoulders like a baby, I wished I have never looked in that book. Inspite of what to do I pulled my arm and started crying again.
“I think I broke it,” I explained with a sorrowful voice.
“I think so too,” replied mom.
Raced, rushed, pushed I was in the doctor’s office with nothing but me and my purple leotard on. I was waiting for the doctor to push the big brown wooden door open, and call my name Katie!”
Finally I heard my name. I rushed to him with my mom and I, we headed to the scanning room.  I sat down in a squishy chair and the doctor told me to put my arm under the light I did so and it flashed. I was scared my arm seemed broken and if it was broken it was all because of me looking in that stink’n journal. I headed to the room where there were chairs and a screen up with my arm.
“The bones were misplaced it seems when you fell you landed on it to hard and your bone slid into the other bone, for the most part it is broken,” explained the doctor. Those hideous words filled my eyes with tears trying not to spill out. I leaned on my mom’s shoulder, “Mom when am I going to get my cast on?”
“Were going to skip school and get it on tomorrow,” explained mom.”
Tears rolled down my cheek just like when I fell, and from now on NO GYMNASTICS.
Weeks went on and I still had my purple cast on. I hadn’t looked in that journal since then and I’m not planning on doing that but something has been prompting me to look at page 11. I held the solid journal in my hands and I opened it to page11. It said “Never do gymnastics again if you broke your arm.”
I raced down stairs grabbed my arm and explained. “Mom I’m just going to blurt this out, this is the book that made me break my arm thanks to the sentences “never do gymnastics again if you broke your arm.” And never do a back bend I broke my arm.” These sentences made me think discouraged of it so I felt afraid when it came time to actually do it!”  I explained.
Echo’s filled the house with words of mean fullness, I was officially mad! I could tell that my mom was trying to process the words and then she said, “That was just a book about what happened when I was little.
“Then why did you not tell me that night!”
 “Because I didn’t want you to feel discouraged.”Said mom.
“Well I’m discouraged I broke my arm!”
“Honey I’m sorry but at least you’re getting your cast off tomorrow,”
“I am, well I’m still mad!”
I stomped off to my room like an ants getting its jobs done!  And I was going to get my job done! I am getting my cast off tomorrow!
The saw cutting through my cast sounded like a nail scraping into a chalk board. But that was supposed to happen I had my gooey arm back ready to hit the gymnastics floor I knew I was going to make it to the championships the feeling I had was astonishing. I headed home with my squishy new arm and my mom.
Weeks went on and I finally was going to gymnastics. I went in, my coach was surprised I was there after what happened. I wasn’t going to believe anything in that journal and even if I saw the bad phrases I wasn’t going to believe it, I shouldn’t even believed it when I first saw it but what happened in the past happened in the past I can’t change it. After what I thought without saying anything, I went on the floor and did a backbend kick over! Soon my coach was clapping in surprise, it wasn’t her that was the only one surprised I was surprised to!
“All right class today we will do skills on everything in the gym. That’s how you get to the champion ship, the last test to your next level.” “It’s also possible to win a gold medal.” Explained coach.
My heart was pounding fiercely, the champion ship, a gold metal!? This was amazing I was going to give it my all!
“Check check check.” Coach explained in delight.
“Yay I’m going to champion ship even with my arm? And that wasn’t getting processed through my head I couldn’t believe it! The only thing I needed to do was apologize to my mom, because it turns out that that wasn’t that bad after all now that I know what to believe and what not. I headed into the car and on the way home I explained,” “Mom I’m sorry for that fight we had I was just tired and thought I would never get my cast off.” I explained.
“It's okay I know I regret what I wrote in there. There’s nothing I knew back then. But I know you need to go to bed right away because coach said that the champion ship was tomorrow. I rushed up stairs and yanked out my pajamas. And soon enough I was in bed with me and my cozy blankets tumbled on to me like ice cream toppings.
Before I knew it I was getting my leotard on and was on my way to champion ship. Soon I was there with my first test, 5 fly springs in a row. The testers held up a 360 this was awesome. The crowd was clapping their hands off as the music filled the gym with echoes. This was more than amazing I could not just stand there I had to smile.
Soon the tests were over and I was ready to here who won. The announcer held the stiff microphone in his hands and gave a big yelp “Katie Jonson”! The crowd began to cheer as the music, confetti and lights were shining on me. This was astounding. The gold beam stood on me with the lights reflecting. I won thanks for my gymnastics journal that told me I would make it here.









No comments:

Post a Comment